FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Sam Givhan, Chairman February 9, 2018 256-426-7010
Madison County GOP Announces Election 2018 Candidates
The official qualifying period for the 2018 Alabama election cycle has ended, and the Madison County Republican Party is honored to release the names of those seeking public office in the county this year:
• Kevin Turner – Sheriff
• Matt Massey – Superintendent of Education
• Frank Barger – Probate Judge
• Bennett Driggers – Probate Judge
• Milburn Gross – Probate Judge
• Tyler Berryhill – Coroner
• Dennis Green – Coroner
• David Young – Coroner
• Nathan Curry – Board of Education District 1
• Angie Bates – Board of Education District 2
• Kenny Johnson – Board of Education District 2
“It’s truly inspiring to see so many people willing to dedicate themselves to public service. I look forward to seeing everyone on the campaign trail this spring. As always, the Madison County GOP is dedicated to ensuring we have an open and honest election process,” Madison County Republican Party Chairman Sam Givhan said.
Qualifying for the Republican Party ticket opened on January 8th at 8:30 AM and ended on February 9th at 5:00 PM.
The Alabama Republican Party primary will be held on June 5, 2018, with any necessary run-off races being held on July 17, 2018. This year’s general election is on November 6, 2018.